Author Topic: QT's Cracked Crystal Ball  (Read 44601 times)

Offline justwrite

• Why A: The Blog of Lisa Amowitz
Re: QT's Cracked Crystal Ball
« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2007, 10:51:36 PM »
Patrick wakes up one morning with a whopping headache and a smashed pitcher of Kool-aid by his nightstand. He stumbles to his laptop, mind blank and head aching and clicks on the new posts for the forum link. All he finds is one scrolling message from a Dr. Zoe Von Fillibuster congratulating him on intergrating all his personalities back into one.

Offline audal

« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2007, 11:04:28 PM »
JW will wake in the middle of the night, and will gasp, "Ohmigod!  I didn't play the fortune-telling game correctly!  I was supposed to tell the future of the previous poster!" ;D

(That's OK, JW.  We still hold you in the highest regard!)
Quillkeepers' Tavern Management: Slingin' Cocktails & Wisecracks Since Mid-August.

Lotheus

« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2007, 11:10:52 PM »
Audal looks out the window and sees Zoe strolling along the sidewalk.  He rushes out to catch her, to beg her forgiveness, but she only returns his pleas with a glare of steel...  A glint in the moonlight tells him that's not the only steel she's packing, and when he turns to run, he feels the icy pain and hears the last words he will know in this world.  "I am Zoe.  I am life.  I am ruled by no man."

Offline audal

« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2007, 11:16:40 PM »
(MEDIC!  AUTHOR DOWN!)

Lotheus will wonder about the loopy brunette who will soon move into his workplace, most notably because up 'til now, it's been an all boys club.  Yet this seemingly shy woman is no angel.  She is a cold-blooded killer who bears a tattoo of the letter Z on her ice-covered heart.  Lotheus will dare to approach the woman, but when he sees her steely eyes, he starts running... and he keeps on running... and running... 'Til he finally shows up at a doorstep in Wisconsin, whereupon he bangs on a door and shouts, "CHELC!!!  Please let me in - I want to live on the mantel again - It's so much safer there!!!"
Quillkeepers' Tavern Management: Slingin' Cocktails & Wisecracks Since Mid-August.

Offline justwrite

• Why A: The Blog of Lisa Amowitz
« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2007, 06:59:30 AM »
Lannie returns home one evening to find the front door ajar. Strangely, nothing is amiss, except the reams and reams of papers scattered across the floor and the blue glow of her monitor. From the shadows comes a soft chuckle. A figure steps from the gloom, a gun in her hand.
"Wh-who are you?"
"I think you know."
"Yes, you do look oddly familiar."
The gaunt woman drops the gun and convulses in tears. ""After after his madness, the obsession with that TEAM, I couldn't go on. I had to leave. The other guy who's name starts with L wouldn't have me. I chased him cross-country. But I knew you would take pity on me."
"What were you doing rifling through my manuscript?"
"Finding a place for myself of course. Only you understand the poison of a sports obsession and what it can do to the creative mind. There's no hope for him, Lannie. I know you've tried and I respect you for that. I thought maybe..."
"You were trying to write yourself into my book?"

Offline audal

« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2007, 10:51:10 AM »
JW will be in the middle of a long walk this coming weekend.  It will be a peaceful and refreshing stroll... then suddenly, she will hear a voice from the skies above speaking in whispered yet forceful tones.

The voice will say, "Save the graphic artist, save the world."

Offline elknutswife

• Website
« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2007, 11:53:20 AM »
Previously we saw Aud – “Rubs Crystal Ball, Crystal Ball gets turned on”

Suddenly, just as Crystal began rubbing back, Zoe, having decided to give Aud one more chance, walks through the door.  “What are you doing?!  I leave for a few weeks and you find yourself some transparent flousy!  I’m out of here!  I think I liked it better under Elky’s desk!”

Aud jumps up and attempts to stop her, but it’s too late…Zoe has once again disappeared.  He turns back to Crystal who is also storming out in a huff.  “Sorry,” she replies to his pleas, “I can see right through you, you’re just the QT giggolo and I will not be used this way – there are other fortune tellers in sea you know!”

In shock, the only witty reply Aud could muster was “well I can see through you too, so there!” and then stares into space for a bit, wondering how things could have gotten so out of hand.  Then he turns to his computer.  “Well, baby, it’s just you and me now,” he says as his sits down to write himself another MC.
Author with Entangled Publishing - I write historical romance as Michelle McLean and contemporary romance as Kira Archer. Also have a few non-fictions thrown in for fun :-)
kiraarcherbooks.com and michellemcleanbooks.com

Offline Kaedin

• Both my sons with Santa...
« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2007, 02:24:46 PM »
Elky will soon find herself under the watchful eye of PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals).  They will be watching her every move... completely unimpressed by her affinity for Elk, they will raid her home and find her hours of footage of peguins being abused.  She'll be charged a rather large fine and forbidden from using such footage ever again.

"Save the Penguins!!!"[/color]

Offline elknutswife

• Website
« Reply #53 on: November 16, 2007, 06:19:26 PM »
I see Kaedin going into the tunnel on the It's a Small World ride at Disneyland and never coming out....a few weeks later, a strange new figure, looking mysteriously like Kaedin, appears in the exhibit..............
Author with Entangled Publishing - I write historical romance as Michelle McLean and contemporary romance as Kira Archer. Also have a few non-fictions thrown in for fun :-)
kiraarcherbooks.com and michellemcleanbooks.com

Offline joanjunkmail

• zombies ate my dingo
« Reply #54 on: November 16, 2007, 06:29:36 PM »
i see elky, dressed as 70s B-Lister Elke Sommers, sitting behind a table at the flagship B&N, looking at a crowd of people, lined up nicely (if impatiently) in a queue that snakes its way around the store and eventually to the cold NY sidewalk.  The mood is festive, in a bookish way, although a fight is about to break out over the last of several thousand books that were stocked that day in anticipation of her signing.

Suddenly, the crowd parts and various patrons begin to scream:  LOOK OUT, ELKY!  IT'S AFTER YOU!

quick a whip, elke throws her sharpie toward the oncoming beast, piercing its heart and stopping it in its tracks.

"Girlfriends?  It's just an elk.  Now, does anyone have another pen?"
be nice to me or zombies will eat you in my novel
Proud Member of NGHS (even though I'm a pirate)

Offline Chelc

« Reply #55 on: November 17, 2007, 12:37:18 PM »
(omigod elky, that fortune about aud and crystal... :rof2:)

anyway...
joan will being shopping in the supermarket (canned soup aisle if you cared to know) when suddenly she will gasp, dropping the can of tomatoe basil on her combat boots (therefore not being harmed) and scream "I HAVEN'T POSTED A PICTURE IN THE PHOTO THREAD YET!!"
and that means of picture of yourself, not of shirley or laverne of whoever  ;D

Offline Abigail

« Reply #56 on: November 17, 2007, 03:04:43 PM »
Chelc is going to go to school on Monday and discover that she FAILED her typing test!
Literature is alive...don't strangle it with superfluous verbiage!

Offline joanjunkmail

• zombies ate my dingo
« Reply #57 on: November 17, 2007, 03:06:54 PM »
Chelc is going to go to school on Monday and discover that she FAILED her typing test!

<god help me if she asks what typing is!>

Offline Chelc

« Reply #58 on: November 18, 2007, 12:53:22 PM »

<I'm gonna hit you joan>

Offline joanjunkmail

• zombies ate my dingo
« Reply #59 on: November 18, 2007, 01:05:10 PM »

<I'm gonna hit you joan>
<you wouldn't hit a stroke victim, would you?>