Author Topic: Seeking betas for MG urban fantasy  (Read 1996 times)

Offline sarah_biglow

• It's a long and winding road
    • Offical Site
Seeking betas for MG urban fantasy
« on: April 14, 2010, 02:44:58 PM »
Hey everyone!

I'm looking for some beta readers for my MG urban fantasy for boys, PHARAOH'S LINK (50k).  It should be ready for review by the end of April.  People who know the MG market or have eperience with MG fiction are strongly preferred.  I'd like crits back by the first week of June if possible.  Below is a summary of the novel.

--

Eleven-year-old Zeke Dakarai dreads his family’s summer trip to Egypt until he finds a strange boy following him after a trip to the history museum. He’s even more surprised when his shadow admits he’s King Tut! Thrilled with his new companion, Zeke thinks Egypt could be fun after all.

The excitement of the pyramids quickly disappears when Zeke mysteriously falls ill. He dismisses his grandma’s warning about the Pharaoh’s curse as superstition. Only when Tut begins seeing Osiris, god of the dead, does Zeke consider there’s more to his sickness than just a cold.

When Ma’at, goddess of balance and order, demands Tut be returned to his body immediately, Zeke realizes they’re running out of time. There’s a price to be paid for bringing the Pharaoh to the present. A life force for a life force. With Zeke fading a little more each day, they must travel to the Valley of the Kings and find a way to reunite Tut’s body and spirit before history is horribly altered and Zeke ceases to exist.
--

Please post in this thread if you're interested.  Thanks so much!
UNPLANNED [Women's Fiction] (Dec. 21, 2012, MUSA PUBLISHING)

Offline JayliaDarkness

• Icon and Art by Selina Fenech www.ageofenchantment
Re: Seeking betas for MG urban fantasy
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2010, 08:55:38 PM »
I like the sound of your story!  I am definitely interested in being your beta if you would like to read my story as well.  I, however, write YA urban fantasy instead of MG.  if you are still interested, please let me know!  :)

Offline sarah_biglow

• It's a long and winding road
    • Offical Site
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2010, 09:11:01 PM »
Hi there.  I'd be interested.  Thing is, it's not done yet. April turned into May which turned into June heading on July.  And it's sitting at about 17k.  if I can finish it by end of summer, would you still be up for it?  You can send yours along and I can probably get through it by end of July (I work 4 days a week).
UNPLANNED [Women's Fiction] (Dec. 21, 2012, MUSA PUBLISHING)

Offline JayliaDarkness

• Icon and Art by Selina Fenech www.ageofenchantment
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2010, 10:21:21 PM »
This popped up today under new posts for threads I posted in.  I don't recognize your name on here.  Did we swap?