Author Topic: Quick question, advice?  (Read 1224 times)

Offline Alniah

Quick question, advice?
« on: April 19, 2010, 12:13:29 PM »
I equeried this agent following the guidelines on his website. It did not ask for a query but for a synopsis and the 50 first pages of my novel.
I sent my email with a quick, here is my info, genre, title and word count beginning following with the above parts of my book pasted in the body of the email.
Ok so now I did not get an answer at all from the agent and he stated that they only respond to what they are interested in.

Now, I went on webook and was interested to use the AgentInBox feature. There the mentioned above agent was but in the submission guidelines, they asked for a query and for synopsis+50 first pages.

SO I know we are not supposed to submit again to agents but I was wondering if maybe my email was discarded as not following the rules since I did not have a query in the beginning of it and maybe I should use AgentInBox and resubmit? (I know I am probable trying to find an excuse not to accept the rejection but wanted some thoughts on that???)
"If the doctor told me I had six minutes to live, I'd type a little faster." Isaac Asimov.

Offline MarkQuiet

Re: Quick question, advice?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 01:09:56 PM »
You know... I don't like those "no response unless interested". I know they have a lot to read, but a quick form rejection to an email isn't going to kill them. Sessh.

My advice would be to move on. You gave the most important information that the query would have provided. Think of it this way - if an agent doesn't have the curtsey to say "no" then is (s)he worth working with. Just a thought.
If writing is a passion then editing is an obsession and only through obsession can writing be great.
The Alice Chronicles: Rabbit Slayer (YA/Urban Fantasy)
The Alice Chronicles: Family Ties (Book II)
weblog: http://alicechronicles.blogspot.com