Author Topic: Michele Glance Rooney?  (Read 20402 times)

Offline Patrick

• Administrator
Re: Michele Glance Rooney?
« Reply #60 on: November 22, 2007, 03:40:57 PM »
Good idea, Dave.  I'm gonna head over there and post as well.  Sure, she will probably remove it, but with any luck a search engine bot will record it and maybe it will come up when someone is doing a search for Rooney.

Also, I can't take credit for finding this, I'm just passing along what I read on the Writer's Beware Blog.  Does that mean I have to give the karma back?

Offline Patrick

• Administrator
« Reply #61 on: November 22, 2007, 03:46:10 PM »
Oh, damn.  It looks like she has it set up so all comments have to be approved by her before they are posted.  Of course she does.  Should have figured.

Offline DaveKuzminski

« Reply #62 on: November 22, 2007, 05:05:50 PM »
I posted there earlier today. I think it's just a verification block to prevent web bots from spamming the comment section. If you have a certain account, such as one from Blogger, you can post there after entering the validation code.

Of course, she may soon realize what's going on and require approval before any comments can be posted. That's also a lose-lose situation for her because it means devoting attention to approving comments and takes time away from dealing with newbie writers unaware of her reputation. If it becomes too much of a time drain, she'll get rid of the blog, so go ahead and try entering remarks.

Edited to add: I just went over there and posted again. She doesn't have approval turned on. Also, judging by the dates those entries were posted, I'm speculating that the site's unlikely to be monitored for responses.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2007, 09:58:29 PM by DaveKuzminski »