Author Topic: Michelle Humphrey, Anderson Literary Management  (Read 4730 times)

Offline Diowe

• Please. Tell me more.
Michelle Humphrey, Anderson Literary Management
« on: August 11, 2007, 10:15:55 PM »
Has anyone had any contact with Michelle Humphrey of Anderson Literary Management and/or does anyone know anything about her? Litgirl, if you're here, I saw that you posted a comment under her name in QT back in June. Have you heard anything more?

(I'm curious because she's had my full for awhile now... okay, where's the smiley with his fingers crossed?)

Karma to anyone who answers!

Offline Patrick

• Administrator
Re: Michelle Humphrey, Anderson Literary Management
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2007, 10:30:50 PM »
I know nothing.  Do I still get karma?

Oh, and we don't need a smiley with fingers crossed, because around here, that is a given.

Offline Diowe

• Please. Tell me more.
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2007, 10:43:42 PM »
Okay Patrick I gave you Karma but only because I owe you some for all the other stuff you do for us.

Be warned: If anyone else tries this cheap trick, instead of applauding, my hand just might reach a few millimeters to the right....  >:D

Offline Cole Gibsen

• April 28th, 2015
    • Cole Gibsen
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2007, 10:33:15 AM »
I wouldn't panic. I still have TONS of queries out there that have been in the slush pile for almost two months. I guess it's just that time of year.  :huh:
May the road rise up to meet you. May the wind always be at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face,and rains fall soft upon your fields. And until we meet again, may no spiders fall on your head.

blog: www.colegibsen.blogspot.com

Offline audal

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2007, 11:41:52 AM »
Pre-QT, I did some manic & diligent research on perhaps 500 agents that appeared to at first glance have something going for them.  My hope was that perhaps 100 of them would be left standing as top notch.  While I never got around to querying Ms. Humphrey, she was certainly on a list that had been whittled down to the 150 most preferable.

It's not an outright answer, but it's a keep-on-keepin'-on vote of confidence for her.  Also, any delay may be a product of the Summer Dead Zone in the publishing world.  August especially is quiet -- or so I've heard.

Questions:  How long has she had it?  Was it a non-exclusive submission?
Quillkeepers' Tavern Management: Slingin' Cocktails & Wisecracks Since Mid-August.

Offline Diowe

• Please. Tell me more.
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2007, 03:24:00 PM »
she was certainly on a list that had been whittled down to the 150 most preferable.

It's not an outright answer, but it's a keep-on-keepin'-on vote of confidence for her.

And enough to get you Karma, audal. Thanks. She's had it since the end of June. She also said it'd take anywhere from 10-12 weeks. Since we haven't even reached her own self-imposed timeline, I'm not concerned (yet) about the lack of response.... but since it's getting closer, I AM thinking about it more. I posed this question because I'm curious as to whether or not she's known for requesting lots of material and then turning it down.... or more directly to the point, does this request of hers signify anything or is she just messing around?... She'd already read the first 50 pages before requesting the rest -- more than 1/3 of the book... so...

Offline audal

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2007, 03:51:16 PM »
OK, Diowe, I think this is all very, very good thus far - especially given that she'd already read the first 50.

What I do know about Anderson Literary is that Ms. Anderson was once a part of Anderson/Grinburg.  The partners split & began their own agencies.  This would indicate to me (again, gut feeling & not fact), that both outfits might have a higher than average rate of requesting more material, which in turn might mean they have more on their plate, which ultimately might adversely alter the 10-12 weeks they'd said was their timeline.  This is not an indictment against them at all -- but it does mean that patience is important here.  This I say from recent experience wherein I was actually applauded by an agent who apologized for a correspondence delay, then was impressed by how I replied in a no-worries-I'm-patient-and-understand-your-clients-come-first-which-is-why-I-love-you-greatly kinda way.

This is all excellent so far, Diowe.  Try to stay cool & patient.  And though it may be torture, I would say that since you submitted end of June, well... October 1st would make a fine date to drop her a line if she hasn't yet gotten back to you.
Quillkeepers' Tavern Management: Slingin' Cocktails & Wisecracks Since Mid-August.

Offline Diowe

• Please. Tell me more.
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2007, 03:55:02 PM »
Thanks for the encouragement audal. And I love your no-worries reply too. It's very true.

Offline audal

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2007, 06:33:44 PM »
My pleasure... And I'll be happy to remind you again on September 1st, if you'd like.

Offline Legionsynch

• This is Matthew Bomer. He's my happy thought.
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2007, 07:52:01 PM »
I sent her a query a few weeks ago, and she was prompt and polite in getting back to me.  Good luck!
Witch Eyes:  Flux, Fall 2011

Offline Diowe

• Please. Tell me more.
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2007, 09:51:14 PM »
I sent her a query a few weeks ago, and she was prompt and polite in getting back to me.  Good luck!

Thanks Legionsynch. Here comes..... KARMA!!  :up:

Offline Legionsynch

• This is Matthew Bomer. He's my happy thought.
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2007, 07:33:01 PM »
Just a note, but Michelle's since moved to Sterling Lord Literistic as of sometime in October.
Witch Eyes:  Flux, Fall 2011