QueryTracker Community
January 23, 2018, 05:50:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Note: This forum uses different usernames and passwords than those of the main QueryTracker site. 
Please register if you want to post messages.

This forum is also accessible by the public (including search engines).
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LOCAL TV  (Read 10023 times)
ElanaJ

« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2010, 09:53:26 AM »

Awesome! And I echo the others -- I hope you have some video to share with us. Good luck!

My trilogy is complete! POSSESSION, SURRENDER, ABANDON, and short stories REGRET and RESIST, are available now wherever books are sold.

My next novel, a YA contemporary novel, ELEVATED, is coming on February 18, 2014.

Visit my blog: http://elanajohnson.blogspot.com
Zooks

www.MaryVettel.com

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2010, 05:23:51 PM »

Howdy, you beautiful QTers!  The show is The Play's The Thing, not Looks at Books (which was probably an SNL skit) and Judie Sleed is the host.  Very nice lady.  It was a pretty cool experience albeit uber low budget.  I actually have to pay $10 to get a DVD copy of my own appearance on the show.  hahahaha    It's OK; it's a non-profit public TV sort of thing so I don't mind.  My daughters (grownups who can be very critical) came with me and said they were proud of me and that I seemed very natural and didn't make a fool of myself.  So, big PHEW! there.  I gave QueryTracker.net a BIG plug and said what a helpful online community it is for writers getting query writing help and critiques on their 1st 5 pages, etc.   I wonder if any writers/aspiring writers who see the show will join up. 

We talked about my play (since her show is about plays really and that's where she introduced herself to me after my play was performed), some short stories I've had published, and she showed the watercolor illustrations from 1 of my children's books and played 2 of the songs from the CD.  Yay!  We talked about my current WIP [Death at the Drive-In] and the 72 million Baby Boomers in the US whom, I believe, are underrepresented in books (blah, blah - I apologize to those of you have heard my rant on the subject and are tired of it and/or disagree w/me.)  So, because there were no commercial interruptions, I had the full 30 minutes which is pretty neat and the time did fly by. 

The show will air in NYC on Tues. evening.  Just think of all those agents sitting in their apartments wondering when the next best seller will come across their respective desk.....hmmm.....hey, I can dream, can't I?   Kool-Aid are on me.  Yay! 

NOOKS & GRANNIES - quirky paranormal
GATSBY DELANEY - 7TH GRADE IMPRESARIO - MG
THIS AIN'T NO COWBOY MOVIE -  YA
BROGWIN FRAYNEY AND HOW HE NEARLY SAVED A KINGDOM - MG
DEATH AT THE DRIVE-IN - Fiction - Published - available on Amazon
MOTORCYCLE BABIES - YA
A SCOUNDREL'S TALE - fiction
Patrick
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2010, 05:33:08 PM »

Congratulations and thank you, Zooks. And I hope some big agents are watching and take notice of your talent. Good luck.
augusto

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2010, 06:06:25 PM »

So, was there talk of giving you your own show?  wink2

Will Tinkham's THE ADVENTURES OF HANK FENN,
BONUS MAN, NO HAPPIER STATE &
ALICE AND HER GRAND BELL all
available on Amazon (paperback & Kindle)
Zooks

www.MaryVettel.com

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2010, 06:24:12 PM »

You're so sweet, Patrick.  Thanks!  YMTGE.

rofl  @ august.  must confess to having the thought flit thru my brain whilst there - you know, getting caught up in the lights, camera(s), action - Hey!  Nobody said, 'Action.'  Her theme music just began to play and the director played his pre-recorded intro (doing his impression of Cary Grant saying, 'Here's Judy, Judy, Judy'  (which Cary Grant said he never said, but I could swear he did)  But I'd need a paycheck and her gig is done gratis.  So, yeah, that wouldn't work for me.  But I understand Oprah's looking for someone to host a new talk show.    wink2

MOTORCYCLE BABIES - YA
Magic_Seeker

My new muse

« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2010, 08:08:23 PM »

bow  Too cool, Zooks!  Sounds like you had fun.   Celebrity 

Hurray for our local celebrity!

Happy writing,
  Deb Salisbury, the Magic Seeker
  http://blog.DebSalisbury.com
  My shops: http://www.etsy.com/shop/MantuaMakerPatterns
  and http://www.etsy.com/shop/MagicSeeker Dragons
Zooks

www.MaryVettel.com

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2010, 09:31:30 AM »

Thanks, Magic_Seeker.  It was fun.  But I was so mad at myself this a.m. when I woke with a jolt thinking, "I didn't mention Motorcycle Babies!"  Don't know how I forgot that.  But I talked up QT big time which I'm pleased about.

MOTORCYCLE BABIES - YA
munley
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2010, 03:25:38 AM »

Thanks guys, you're all so sweet and kind to be so encouraging.  I'm just concerned it's such a low-budget kind of outfit there'll be no room for retakes and I'll be stammering and . . .

Congratulations on doing this show. Now you won't want to go anywhere else. You'll be turning down offers to talk about your book on CNN and the PBS Newshour and Fox News.    no
And you'll be singing your own version of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWaAyPFhvoY
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 03:30:17 AM by munley » Logged
Zooks

www.MaryVettel.com

« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2010, 11:39:12 AM »

rofl  munley, you're so funny!  thanks for that!  (yeah, already turned down Katie Couric this morning - she was bummed.)

MOTORCYCLE BABIES - YA
augusto

« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2010, 01:15:55 PM »

Don't go burnin' any bridges, Zooks. Remember, you'll see Katie again on the way down...

Will Tinkham's THE ADVENTURES OF HANK FENN,
BONUS MAN, NO HAPPIER STATE &
ALICE AND HER GRAND BELL all
available on Amazon (paperback & Kindle)
Zooks

www.MaryVettel.com

« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2010, 09:09:10 PM »

Hey fellow QTers!  Don't wanna be a pain about this but...my son-in-law wants to post the DVD of my TV spot on YouTube.  He says this way I'll have a link that I can post here in case anybody wants to watch, can post on my website (when it's ready) and any place else.  Now, the thing is this whole proposition gives me a case of the willies.   shy yes    Posting here is one thing - you guys are nice and would (hopefully) keep any rude comments to yourselves.  But YouTube?  Yikes!  There's some weird stuff on there.  I know being a writer requires a tough skin...  So, whaddya think?  To YouTube, or not to YouTube?

MOTORCYCLE BABIES - YA
Patrick
Administrator

« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2010, 09:46:51 PM »

I'm sure it's great, Zooks. No need to worry about what people on YouTube might say.
lexcade

Me & Michael Myers. SO COOL!

« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2010, 11:39:35 PM »

dude, EVERYTHING ends up youtube.  there's a lot of quality stuff on there, though, and i don't think the extra exposure will hurt anything at all.  at least your friends (like us!) and family will be able to watch it whenever they want to.

i say go for it.

Duality - Edits
WIP: Spark
Outline: Untitled Epic Fantasy, Silver Circle (YA urban fantasy), Siren's Song (YA dystopian)
Back burner: Taming The Ancients

http://lexcade.blogspot.com
Zooks

www.MaryVettel.com

« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2010, 08:57:13 AM »

thanks, lexcade, I think you're right.  I'll just have him post it and forget about it.  Somebody at my job said, 'Hey, I saw you on TV last night." and just walked away.  How can you make that statement and just walk away?  No, "You came across like a moron," or "You were so funny!" or, "Damn, you're fat!"  Nothing.  Just , "saw you, bye."  Huh?  So, yeah, some people.

MOTORCYCLE BABIES - YA
lexcade

Me & Michael Myers. SO COOL!

« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2010, 12:07:28 AM »

some people indeed.  i have a feeling you'll get more and better feedback from posting on youtube. 

Duality - Edits
WIP: Spark
Outline: Untitled Epic Fantasy, Silver Circle (YA urban fantasy), Siren's Song (YA dystopian)
Back burner: Taming The Ancients

http://lexcade.blogspot.com
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: