Author Topic: Firebrand Trouble  (Read 5752 times)

Offline Abigail

Firebrand Trouble
« on: January 17, 2008, 08:22:11 PM »
Has anyone (besides me) had trouble querying Ted Malawer at Firebrand?  The Online Submission Form states that you should receive an automatic response to let you know that your submission has been received...but, I have tried three times now since October and I still have NOT received any verification that my query was received.  everything seems to be fine when I send it, but I have not gotten the auto-email...and no response either.
Literature is alive...don't strangle it with superfluous verbiage!

Offline Jessica V.

• Jessica Verday
Re: Firebrand Trouble
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2008, 08:27:05 PM »
I had this same problem Abi. I didn't get any response from emailing him either. Finally I sent a message through the Online Submission Form and that worked. Maybe try that?
"Spectacular! The Hollow keeps you reading from beginning to end without coming up for air." --L.J. Smith, bestselling author of THE VAMPIRE DIARIES and NIGHT WORLD

NYT bestselling author of THE HOLLOW trilogy -
www.JessicaVerday.com

Offline Patrick

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2008, 08:39:15 PM »
I have received complaints and read on other forums that their submission form doesn't work.

Offline Iris

• Partials -- 4, Full -- 1
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2008, 08:41:07 PM »
I submitted to Nadia Cornier via their online form, and I got a confirmation right away, so I had no trouble. That was on January 8, and I haven't heard back from them yet, but that's a different problem.

Offline Patrick

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2008, 08:42:04 PM »
It must come and go.

Offline elknutswife

• Website
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2008, 08:43:29 PM »
I have received complaints and read on other forums that their submission form doesn't work.

I think that is the one I had problems with too - if it is the one I'm thinking of, I had to click on whatever link they had that they said to use if you couldn't get the form to work - I blame my rejection on the faulty form  ;D
Author with Entangled Publishing - I write historical romance as Michelle McLean and contemporary romance as Kira Archer. Also have a few non-fictions thrown in for fun :-)
kiraarcherbooks.com and michellemcleanbooks.com

Offline Abigail

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2008, 08:49:01 PM »
Hmmm....I don't see any link for "if this form doesn't work"

I just emailed Ted Malawer and then I will send a message through the form...if I can.

Offline Abigail

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2008, 08:50:42 PM »
Or maybe...if Ted's does not work, but Nadia's does...I could send it through to her with a notice at the top that I did this because the form was not working and could she please pass it along to Ted...whatchya think?

Offline elknutswife

• Website
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2008, 08:55:46 PM »
hmmm, nope I was thinking of a different agency...sorry  ;D  I'll still blame Firebrand's faulty form for my rejection :)
Author with Entangled Publishing - I write historical romance as Michelle McLean and contemporary romance as Kira Archer. Also have a few non-fictions thrown in for fun :-)
kiraarcherbooks.com and michellemcleanbooks.com

Offline joanjunkmail

• zombies ate my dingo
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2008, 09:03:14 PM »
It must come and go.
like abi's lake!  it's an omen...
be nice to me or zombies will eat you in my novel
Proud Member of NGHS (even though I'm a pirate)

Offline coll

• Colleen Rowan Kosinski's Writing Studio
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2008, 10:00:15 AM »
Abi,

If you PM me, I may have a solution to your problem.

Coll
Get your book trailer at http://booktrailers.alekkosinski.com

Offline lyric92270

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2008, 01:29:34 PM »
Has anyone (besides me) had trouble querying Ted Malawer at Firebrand?  The Online Submission Form states that you should receive an automatic response to let you know that your submission has been received...but, I have tried three times now since October and I still have NOT received any verification that my query was received.  everything seems to be fine when I send it, but I have not gotten the auto-email...and no response either.

I used the Firebrand website form to submit yesterday, and received the instant on screen confirmation ("SUBMISSIONS - Beta Thank you for your submission. It has been added to the Firebrand system") as well as auto-reply email confirmation right away. Maybe their server was having problems at the time you submitted?

Offline Abigail

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2008, 01:34:43 PM »
were you submitting to Nadia, Ted, or either?

Offline lyric92270

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2008, 04:05:38 PM »
were you submitting to Nadia, Ted, or either?

hmm, good question - but I think I picked "any" in the Submit to Agent field. I addressed Ms.Cornier in the Query field though. Either way, if the submission form processed the query correctly, it should give you instant onscreen feedback, shortly followed by confirmation e-mail as well.

Offline Abigail

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2008, 04:22:40 PM »
My problem has been with trying to query Ted.  I have tried several times without receiving the confirmation.  I have emailed him directly without response.  Now I am going to try JessV's suggestion of sending a note through teh submission form...maybe I'll get somewhere that way.

I am re-editing my book at the moment, so I can be patient.

Thanks lyric for letting me know that you did get somewhere with the form...and GOOD LUCK!