Author Topic: Good Times  (Read 3008 times)

Offline Alien

• A large "tale" is a happy ending.
Good Times
« on: January 27, 2008, 01:11:02 PM »
I’m writing this on my friend’s computer. Mine broke under the awesome labor of my talented fingers. I have selected you to manage my ascending stardom. Some day we’ll sit on a porch and reminisce that this, this unexpected moment interrupting your coffee, was where the “good times” started.

Good Times is my novel about Jake Slatterby, a mechanic working swing shift for the River City Police Department… but Jake takes home more than a paycheck. When the blue shirts go home Jake borrows a patrol unit and makes more arrests than a beat cop in heat.

Jake has no jail or judge to process his lawbreaking captives. He solves this problem by making his captives perform community service--in his community! To escape Jake’s clutches the miscreants must pick up trash, mow lawns, and generally improve life in Jake’s neighborhood. We meet the neighborhood’s interesting characters through Jake’s army of orange vests.

Jake becomes a local hero, and obviously his plan is so perfect it could continue forever—except Jake makes one critical mistake: he won’t let anybody touch Craddle’s place. Harry Craddle’s house, decrepit by the new neighborhood standards, becomes covered with “slacker” graffiti—Craddle wants his revenge.

Like Scarface, this is a book about the abuse of legitimate power. In the end Jake loses it all and the Good Times fade. But just when we think it’s all over, Jake finds a new job working on fire trucks—and it’s the swing shift!
(Swing Shift is the title of my sequel, let's get rich together!)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 11:02:24 AM by Alien »

Offline Lori

• Reality Sinks....come on over to my world...
Re: Good Times
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008, 04:24:02 PM »
 :bonk:
WOW.....even a newbie such as myslf can see
the probelms with that one......
Thanks for the belly aching laugh!
Reality Stinks.......
Come On Over To My World!

Offline Alien

• A large "tale" is a happy ending.
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 08:41:31 AM »
Hey Lori,

Haven't been around much and I missed this post. Will use it as an opportunity to say welcome!~

Offline Lori

• Reality Sinks....come on over to my world...
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 12:24:32 PM »
Thank you Alien,
It's a pleasure to join the fun!
Reality Stinks.......
Come On Over To My World!