Author Topic: Baltic Allied Lightning Liberation Squadron  (Read 9636 times)

Offline Nigel_Habberdash

Baltic Allied Lightning Liberation Squadron
« on: December 17, 2010, 01:07:56 PM »
Dear Agent,

Remember the unpublished masterpiece Guerilla Operations North American Defense Squadron (G.O.N.A.D.S.) that I wrote and queried you for that one time?  Well now you have the opportunity to represent not only that book that hasn't at all been published but also the new action packed sequel entitled BALTIC ALLIED LIGHTNING LIBERATION SQUADRON (B.A.L.L.S.)  Join Duke Manchild, and Sheldon Steele as they form The Baltic Allied Lightning Liberation Squadron and tackle some hairy situations and bounce back and forth between exciting scenes of intense combat. 
This time our heroes must struggle against the Jyhadist Oppressive Confederated Killers (J.O.C.K.) in their new tactical vehicle the Baltic Allied Lightning Liberation Squadron Strategical Armored Car and save Finland!   
Baltic Allied Lightning Liberation Squadron is complete at 50,146 words exactly.  It must be sold with that other book you didn't represent me on yet or the background stuff will be too confusing.  Please contact me any time about this except on Thursday at 3 when I am in the makeshift dojo in my basement practicing my sai and nun-chuk skills. 

Yours ever so truly,
Broseph McDude.

Offline lexcade

• Me & Michael Myers. SO COOL!
    • Going from Nobody to Somebody
Re: Baltic Allied Lightning Liberation Squadron
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2010, 02:14:51 PM »
 :rof2: :rof3: :rolf:

omg, that's AWESOME.
Duality - Edits
WIP: Spark
Outline: Untitled Epic Fantasy, Silver Circle (YA urban fantasy), Siren's Song (YA dystopian)
Back burner: Taming The Ancients

http://lexcade.blogspot.com

Offline lisarogers

• Author Lisa J Rogers
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 10:06:03 AM »
Dear Mr. McDude

Although your manuscript has some merit you clearly ignored our guidelines.  We are very strict about word count and never accept anything over or under 50,140 words.  However, if you'd be willing to do a major rewrite to meet our guidelines  I'd be happy to take a look at your G.O.N.A.D.S and B.A.L.L.S. 

Agent Neededalaugh 
On Haunted Ground will be released May of 2012 Llewellyn
Angelina's Secret will be released Feb. 2012 Spencer Hill Press
http://talkingaboutghost.blogspot.com/
http://www.site.spencerhillpress.com/Lisa_Rogers.html
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lisa-Rogers-Author-of-Angelinas-Secret/131145736953879

Offline Locke

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2011, 05:21:46 PM »
I'd be happy to take a look at your G.O.N.A.D.S and B.A.L.L.S. 

I think I found a new signature...
"There is more than one way to burn a book.  And the world is full of people running about with matches." Ray Bradbury, "Coda"

WIP: A POOR REFLECTION

Offline vcanfield

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2011, 07:20:36 PM »
He he. I was much amused.

Offline dana

• LIFE IS GOOD
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2011, 01:13:17 PM »
Dear Agent,

Remember I AM SURE YOU REMEMBER (why on earth would they forget?) the unpublished masterpiece Guerilla Operations North American Defense Squadron (G.O.N.A.D.S.) that I wrote and queried you for that one time?  Well now you have the opportunity to represent not only that book that hasn't at all been published but also the new action packed sequel entitled BALTIC ALLIED LIGHTNING LIBERATION SQUADRON (B.A.L.L.S.)  Join Duke Manchild, and Sheldon Steele as they form The Baltic Allied Lightning Liberation Squadron and tackle some hairy situations and bounce back and forth between exciting scenes of intense combat. 
BUT WAIT!  THERE'S MORE! This time our heroes must struggle against the Jyhadist Oppressive Confederated Killers (J.O.C.K.) in their new tactical vehicle the Baltic Allied Lightning Liberation Squadron Strategical Armored Car and save Finland! (THIS IS UNCLEAR...EXACTLY WHAT IS FINLAND'S PROBLEM?) Finland, due to their inability to protect the jewels of their ancestors, is under siege by the Conjoined Rabid Alliance of Breast Silicone. (C.R.A.B.S.)
Baltic Allied Lightning Liberation Squadron is complete at 50,146 words exactly...give or take one.  It must be sold with that other book you didn't represent me on yet or the background stuff will be too confusing.  Please contact me any time about this except on Thursday at 3 when I am in the makeshift dojo in my basement practicing my sai and nun-chuk skills. 

Yours ever so truly,
Broseph McDude.

It is my sincere wish that, given proof of my editing skills, you will agree to a BETA READING switch with my latest manuscript:  Sticky Tender and Dry  (S.T.D.).

thank you in advance
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 01:16:30 PM by dana »

Offline lisarogers

• Author Lisa J Rogers
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2011, 01:23:00 PM »
 :lol: :lol: :lol: :rof3: :rof3: :rof3:
On Haunted Ground will be released May of 2012 Llewellyn
Angelina's Secret will be released Feb. 2012 Spencer Hill Press
http://talkingaboutghost.blogspot.com/
http://www.site.spencerhillpress.com/Lisa_Rogers.html
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lisa-Rogers-Author-of-Angelinas-Secret/131145736953879

Offline Nigel_Habberdash

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2011, 01:28:29 PM »
Dear Agent,

Remember I AM SURE YOU REMEMBER (why on earth would they forget?) the unpublished masterpiece Guerilla Operations North American Defense Squadron (G.O.N.A.D.S.) that I wrote and queried you for that one time?  Well now you have the opportunity to represent not only that book that hasn't at all been published but also the new action packed sequel entitled BALTIC ALLIED LIGHTNING LIBERATION SQUADRON (B.A.L.L.S.)  Join Duke Manchild, and Sheldon Steele as they form The Baltic Allied Lightning Liberation Squadron and tackle some hairy situations and bounce back and forth between exciting scenes of intense combat. 
BUT WAIT!  THERE'S MORE! This time our heroes must struggle against the Jyhadist Oppressive Confederated Killers (J.O.C.K.) in their new tactical vehicle the Baltic Allied Lightning Liberation Squadron Strategical Armored Car and save Finland! (THIS IS UNCLEAR...EXACTLY WHAT IS FINLAND'S PROBLEM?) Finland, due to their inability to protect the jewels of their ancestors, is under siege by the Conjoined Rabid Alliance of Breast Silicone. (C.R.A.B.S.)
Baltic Allied Lightning Liberation Squadron is complete at 50,146 words exactly...give or take one.  It must be sold with that other book you didn't represent me on yet or the background stuff will be too confusing.  Please contact me any time about this except on Thursday at 3 when I am in the makeshift dojo in my basement practicing my sai and nun-chuk skills. 

Yours ever so truly,
Broseph McDude.

It is my sincere wish that, given proof of my editing skills, you will agree to a BETA READING switch with my latest manuscript:  Sticky Tender and Dry  (S.T.D.).

thank you in advance

I don't know I've heard swapping can be dangerous.

Offline Locke

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2011, 06:28:26 PM »
A poem, which I would like to title "An ode to the family jewels of Finland"

Perhaps it would be best if
Revisions were
Observed through a double-blind,
Preventing any unwanted or
Harmful affects from possibly offensive
Yacking about this thing or that, a positively
Loquacious activity of
Aggressive and nonconstructive
Criticism.
The aforementioned double-blind would assure the privacy of any and all
Identities involved and promise a positive ideal of
Cooperation.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 06:40:08 PM by Locke »
"There is more than one way to burn a book.  And the world is full of people running about with matches." Ray Bradbury, "Coda"

WIP: A POOR REFLECTION

Offline lexcade

• Me & Michael Myers. SO COOL!
    • Going from Nobody to Somebody
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2011, 09:20:06 PM »
i think i may truly die from laughing tonight!
Duality - Edits
WIP: Spark
Outline: Untitled Epic Fantasy, Silver Circle (YA urban fantasy), Siren's Song (YA dystopian)
Back burner: Taming The Ancients

http://lexcade.blogspot.com

Offline dana

• LIFE IS GOOD
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2011, 08:45:48 AM »
i think i may truly die from laughing tonight!

You failed to mention where I should send the flowers...

Offline windjammer

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2011, 09:29:48 PM »
HILARIOUS! I'm actually crying! (is that a good thing or a bad thing?) Totally clever. Thanks for the laugh!

Offline LateToTheParty

• Listen, kid, we're all in it together.
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2011, 08:55:35 PM »
After I read this to her, my Mrs. said she's so happy I found people just like me. When I stop laughing, I'll decide how to take that. :rolf:
Critiques should spur growth and improvement. Neither is painless.

I don't do personal attacks, defense/debate of work or grudges.

Remember, my comment's worth exactly what you paid for it. Use it, ignore it or PM-me and I'll remove it. 

Buona fortuna!

Offline LydiaT

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2011, 07:27:08 PM »
THIS. This is awesome. I would rep this ;)