Author Topic: CHAPTER BY CHAPTER BETA READER? ANYONE? *crickets*  (Read 2228 times)

Offline dana

• LIFE IS GOOD
CHAPTER BY CHAPTER BETA READER? ANYONE? *crickets*
« on: January 02, 2011, 09:09:38 PM »
Just an idea here :sad:: I'm in the process of rewriting - of course, who isn't.  I'm implementing the suggestions I've been getting from QT forums, and since they're in agreement, who am I to ignore free gifts of intelligence? :-*

I figure it's easier to eat an elephant one bite at a time.  So if anyone would like to give beta reading with me a chance - trading one chapter at a time is not a big obligation.

After one chapter, we either click with each other :up: or we don't. :rant: 

My manuscript runs about fifteen pages per chapter.  It's a suspense/literary/commercial/fiction/with a touch of humor.  Yeah.  THAT'S the genre!....and, at this stage, I'm sticking with it. :rant:
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 09:12:48 PM by dana »

Offline dana

• LIFE IS GOOD
Re: CHAPTER BY CHAPTER BETA READER? ANYONE? *crickets*
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 09:32:48 PM »
 :sad2:  Okay.  I thought it was a good idea at the time.  One person has sent me three chapters to read.

I find it funny, that the mistake of another writer JUMPS off the page when someone else reads it.

I've been re-reading my ms, as if I'm a stranger and I am amazed at the many words that have leaped off the page.   THAT...THEN...AND...HAD,   totally superfluous and unnecessary WORDS!! 

Offline Raquel

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2011, 06:48:05 PM »
It's easiest to find other people's mistakes.  You know what you were thinking and see it like you want to.  It's your baby.  If you're still looking for a chapter by chapter switch and don't mind absolute truthfulness I'd be happy to do it.

Offline JayliaDarkness

• Icon and Art by Selina Fenech www.ageofenchantment
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2011, 03:15:45 PM »
I'll do a chapter-by-chapter swap if you are interested.  I've made a lot of corrections and would love a new set of eyes to look over my story.  It's a YA fantasy, if you are interested.

Offline dana

• LIFE IS GOOD
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2011, 08:52:02 PM »
JayliaDarkness:  I'm already doing a chapter by chapter critique with another QT member, but I'm wondering if CHAPTER by CHAPTER is sane.

We all have THAT CHAPTER, >:D buried deep, that we desperately want help with.

Send me your problem child, and I'll send mine to you.

It might be chapter 4,321, but at least we don't have to take five years to get to it.