Author Topic: REGARDING THE "QUERY SAVER" OPTION  (Read 4420 times)

Offline dana

• LIFE IS GOOD
REGARDING THE "QUERY SAVER" OPTION
« on: January 11, 2011, 03:51:47 PM »
I was delighted to see an offering on QT where I could save my query online.  Which I did.  Then, it seems I can't open it so that I can copy it for online queries.   :y:

Is this just a "per agent query"?  And it has to be redone every time? :no:

Offline Patrick

• Administrator
Re: REGARDING THE "QUERY SAVER" OPTION
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 08:39:57 PM »
Dana,
If you are sending different queries to different agents, by saving your query in this way you can remember which version you sent to who.

Offline dana

• LIFE IS GOOD
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 09:43:58 PM »
Let me make sure that I understand what you're saying:

First off, I just have ONE query, and I thought this would be a good place to just save it.  Like a lockbox at the bank...

But, I take it to mean it saves it in relationship to whom I send it to...

As in:  If I pull up the AGENT, it will show the query?

I'm doing my best to learn my way around with the Premium QT.  so far, I'm not learning very quickly. :crazy:

Offline Zooks

• www.MaryVettel.com
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2011, 04:11:05 PM »
I think if you go to the QuickQuery it'll bring up the query you sent previously.  You can tweak it within that 2nd query and then the next time you go to query, that tweaked version will appear.  But if you're not using the QuickQuery and you're cutting and pasting a query you sent from your own private email...I'm confused now and should leave it to the experts.  Hang in there.  There are so many bells & whistles here, it may time you a while to figure 'em out.
NOOKS & GRANNIES - quirky paranormal
GATSBY DELANEY - 7TH GRADE IMPRESARIO - MG
THIS AIN'T NO COWBOY MOVIE -  YA
BROGWIN FRAYNEY AND HOW HE NEARLY SAVED A KINGDOM - MG
DEATH AT THE DRIVE-IN - Fiction - Published - available on Amazon
MOTORCYCLE BABIES - YA
A SCOUNDREL'S TALE - fiction

Offline dana

• LIFE IS GOOD
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2011, 09:13:21 PM »
Thank you zooks.  I'm the type of person who, once I meet you, if you change your clothes before i see you again, I won't recognize you!

So, I'm in stage one of learning how to do whatever I'm doing on the premium QT, then the next day, I'm lost again. lol

Offline Patrick

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2011, 11:51:50 AM »
You have it right, Dana. Every query you save is for that particular agent only. Of course, you don't have to save a query each time, that's up to you.

Zooks is right about the Quick Query option. It remembers the last query you sent, so if you want to keep only one copy, that's a good place to do it.

Dana, have you looked at the videos? They don't cover everything, but they do explain how a lot of QT works. http://querytracker.net/videos.php

Offline dana

• LIFE IS GOOD
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2011, 11:56:31 AM »
I looked at the videos until I thought I had them memorized.  I went back last night...for a refresher course, and they wouldn't open.  Of course I checked to see I have the latest shockwave/player/adobe reader/ etc., and they're all up to date.