QueryTracker Community
January 16, 2018, 10:56:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Note: This forum uses different usernames and passwords than those of the main QueryTracker site. 
Please register if you want to post messages.

This forum is also accessible by the public (including search engines).
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Agents  (Read 108453 times)
Patrick
Administrator

« on: July 05, 2007, 11:01:11 AM »

This thread is for anyone who has found an agent that is not listed in the QueryTracker database.  Tell me all you can about the agent and I'll add him/her to the database.

Or you can use the Add Agent Tool at http://querytracker.net/addAgent.php.  Note: You must be logged into QueryTracker to use this tool.

Thanks
« Last Edit: July 05, 2007, 11:11:58 AM by Patrick » Logged
Cole Gibsen

April 28th, 2015

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 11:13:37 AM »

I have to go back through my notes, because I think I might have a couple. Sorry to create more work for you Grin

Here's one I know off hand:

Harris Literary Agency
P.O. Box 6023
San Diego, CA  92166
Telephone: 619.697.0600
Fax: 619.697.0610
E-mail: Hlit@adnc.com

Fiction
Adventure, Contemporary, Fantasy, Mainstream, Mystery, Science Fiction, Suspense, Thriller, Women's Fiction.
Non-Fiction
Biography, General, Health/Medicine, Memoir, Psychology, Self-Help.

www.harrisliterary.com

Now don't everybody bombard her until she's done reading my mss partial!!! Grin

May the road rise up to meet you. May the wind always be at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face,and rains fall soft upon your fields. And until we meet again, may no spiders fall on your head.

blog: www.colegibsen.blogspot.com
Patrick
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2007, 11:19:00 AM »

Thanks Senshi.  And you included lots of information so I can actually find her online.  That's worth another Karma point.  You are really racking them up today.
Cole Gibsen

April 28th, 2015

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2007, 11:34:47 AM »

award Yea me!

I'm at work right now doing more on this site than actual work. Don't tell! (But I'm the owner so it's ok).

May the road rise up to meet you. May the wind always be at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face,and rains fall soft upon your fields. And until we meet again, may no spiders fall on your head.

Cole Gibsen

April 28th, 2015

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2007, 11:42:23 AM »

Valerie Smith, Literary Agent
1746 Rte 44-45, Box 160
Modena, NY 12548

Valerie Smith, agent

I could not find a webpage on her.
Several sites on the internet claim she's legit. (Just everyone be careful out there)
This agency is looking for scifi and fantasy inparticular.

Submission requirements: Query, outline, and 3 sample chapters
fiction clients: Jo Walton, Steven Brust, John Ford, Sherwood Smith.

Absolute Write reports her as slow but legitimate.

Patrick
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2007, 11:43:43 AM »

You're not the only one.  Activity on QueryTracker really drops after work hours and on weekends.  But that just means people have their priorities straight. Grin
Patrick
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2007, 11:52:53 AM »

OK, now you're starting to make me mad.  Just kidding, but I might not get to them all until tomorrow.
audal

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2007, 12:01:58 PM »

Another possible add... I e-queried (and was likely ignored/rejected/laughed at by) a new agent at Artists & Artisans named Jamie Brenner.  She represents several genres - most notably commercial & literary.

Quillkeepers' Tavern Management: Slingin' Cocktails & Wisecracks Since Mid-August.
Cole Gibsen

April 28th, 2015

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2007, 12:09:33 PM »

Sorry Patrick! Grin

This is the last one on my list...promise!

The Krista Goering Literary Agency, LLC
http://www.kristagoering.com

The Krista Goering Literary Agency LLC

3514 Clinton Parkway, Suite A404

Lawrence, Kansas 66047 USA

Tel: 785-841-0634

Fax: 785-841-8500

I queried her and got a speedy reject! At least it was speedy. Grin

justwrite

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2007, 12:24:19 PM »

I believe Patrick has Krista Goering...One reason I'M always around is because I'm one of those hard, hard working professor types who is OFF ALL SUMMER. So d'yall hate me NOW??? (please don't smite me!) innocent

BTW, Senshi...do those agents take YA?

Cole Gibsen

April 28th, 2015

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2007, 02:05:09 PM »

No fair!  rant I'm eight monthes pregnant and still at work! (If you count my goofing off as work!)

Anyway, I went back and checked my notes for those agents and didn't find with any of them anything about YA. So sorry, justwrite, I just can't say for sure. But did you happen to query Michelle Andelman? I've talked to several other people about her; she loves YA fantasy and is currently building her client list.

justwrite

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2007, 03:27:58 PM »

Thumbs Up Indeed I did! Haven't heard, but on a whim queried Joe Veltre and got a request for a partial this morning. Thanks for the heads up...Just because I like you and feel bad for your "state" I'm giving you a karma point! And BTW when I was preggers the first time round (that would be 16 years ago—the first offspring just turned 16 and I've survived to tell about it). I worked smack up to the due date, commuting to Manhattan. I also trudged through snow storms when I was nine months pregnant and even went on a job interview (the one I still have that lets me take off all summer!). Paid those dues, girlfriend...now it's time to CASH IN  ;)

Is this your first? Hope it's not too hot where you are. Heat made me crazy when i was pregnant with my second. (that one is eleven and away at sleepaway camp...yippee!!!)

Cole Gibsen

April 28th, 2015

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2007, 04:37:53 PM »

It is my first! And I'm 15 minutes away from St. Louis where it was almost 100 today and humid as all get out! hung over You'll be my new inspiration because right now I think that I'll be working until I go in labor, maybe even after, the hospital has wifi!!! Grin

By the way, congrats on the partial!!! Party Crowd
« Last Edit: July 05, 2007, 04:41:17 PM by Senshi » Logged

Patrick
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2007, 04:50:53 PM »

Senshi
justwrite was right, Krista Goering is already in there.

I added the others except for Open Door.  I'm not sure about them.  They may not be crooks, but they do look very small.  Their website is hosted by Penn. State's server, so I'm thinking this is a student or students.  Also, I can't find an individual name.  There is one listed on their biography page, but they are using some goofy font and I can't read it (another indication that this is just some kid).

I may be wrong, but better safe...

Have you queried them?

Oh, and don't let labor stop you from writing.
justwrite

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2007, 08:29:55 PM »

The good news about having a baby, Senshi, is that you'll NEVER waste time again. Every second is precious because it is STOLEN. Even though my kids are getting older I still operate like that...I try to get as much done as I can in every spare minute. Motherhood turned me into a hyper-focused person!!! After baby gets the idea that humans sleep at night, they start taking very LONG naps. It's those toddlers that run you ragged. But they nap too!!! Then there's pre-school!  Grin

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: