QueryTracker Community
April 25, 2018, 03:14:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Note: This forum uses different usernames and passwords than those of the main QueryTracker site. 
Please register if you want to post messages.

This forum is also accessible by the public (including search engines).
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Agents  (Read 117743 times)
Cole Gibsen

April 28th, 2015

« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2007, 10:42:58 PM »

Patrick, you're right. There's something fishy about them, and if you want I'll delete my post so that other people don't get the idea to query them. I had them on a list I compiled with a friend in my writing group. I never got around to submitting to them, but after reading your post I messaged my friend and he said that he queried them, but his letter was returned, labeled unable to locate. Sorry everyone!!! embarrassed2

Justwrite, you've given me hope, and for that I give you karma! Everyone around me is telling me that I won't write any longer when the baby is here. I'm so sick of hearing that! rant I know I'll be tired and I know I'll be short on time, but I know I won't give it up. True, I may not write as much as I do now, but nobody should tell you what you will or will not be doing down the road!!

May the road rise up to meet you. May the wind always be at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face,and rains fall soft upon your fields. And until we meet again, may no spiders fall on your head.

blog: www.colegibsen.blogspot.com
justwrite

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2007, 08:26:24 AM »

Don't listen to those people. Yeah, you'll be tired for sure, and cranky, and busier than you've ever been, but you'll keep writing. Parenthood has been the most prodctive years of my life. (no pun intended)  Smiley 

BillyShakeaspear

« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2007, 12:44:26 AM »

The Krista Goering Literary Agency, LLC
http://www.kristagoering.com

The Krista Goering Literary Agency LLC

3514 Clinton Parkway, Suite A404

Lawrence, Kansas 66047 USA

Tel: 785-841-0634

Fax: 785-841-8500

I queried her and got a speedy reject! At least it was speedy. Grin

Just a bit of info ... this agency is listed in P&E and also has a very informative website ... but for some reason Ms Goering is still working in the dark ages and will accept only snail mail ... drat it and darn!
BillyShakeaspear

« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2007, 01:11:13 AM »

I have to go back through my notes, because I think I might have a couple. Sorry to create more work for you Grin

Here's one I know off hand:

Harris Literary Agency
P.O. Box 6023
San Diego, CA  92166
Telephone: 619.697.0600
Fax: 619.697.0610
E-mail: Hlit@adnc.com

Fiction
Adventure, Contemporary, Fantasy, Mainstream, Mystery, Science Fiction, Suspense, Thriller, Women's Fiction.
Non-Fiction
Biography, General, Health/Medicine, Memoir, Psychology, Self-Help.

www.harrisliterary.com
 Grin

Oh boy, am I having fun searching out agents to send my crime story to ... and finding out things like the P&E warning about Harris Literary Agency. And I quote: Harris Literary Agency: Charges fee. Not recommended. Also a Top Twenty worst according to Writer Beware.

So for what it's worth ...
justwrite

« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2007, 07:22:01 AM »

About that Krista Goering...her website feels sort of odd and she doesn't come up on agentquery

Thinks she's legit?

Patrick
Administrator

« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2007, 08:19:58 AM »

I haven't found anything on Goering to say she is a scammer, but I haven't found much that says she isn't either.  She is listed on Publishers Marketplace with some sale credits so I think she's OK, just new.  But I'm keeping an eye on her.
joanjunkmail

zombies ate my dingo

« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2007, 09:26:43 AM »

Given the answers to my question about WL Writers Agency, I wonder if you could put them on the Literary Agents List with a flashy skull-n-cross bones?

although, i admit:  i submitted to them, just to see what would happen.  i mean, they could steal my work, but that would be really absurd since it is so unfinished - it's be easier to write it themselves from scratch!!!  and, I'm horribly curious!!!

but, it might be good to put them up there as a warning for those who are more invested in the idea of being published.

be nice to me or zombies will eat you in my novel
Proud Member of NGHS (even though I'm a pirate)
Patrick
Administrator

« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2007, 09:29:01 AM »

Joan
I will add them and their 12 or so aliases.  I just wish there were a way to put them out of business for good.
justwrite

« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2007, 04:17:40 PM »

I really think they deserve A-wise's query!

Cole Gibsen

April 28th, 2015

« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2007, 09:21:37 PM »

I wanted to add something about Krista Goering as I now have some experience with her. I sent her a query as well as the first three chapters and she actually sent me back a *get this* personalized one page response with critique included. Shocked
She said she liked my story, but wanted to to change certain aspects about it *she listed what she would like changed and why* and invited me to resubmit once I made the revisions (which I need to get off my butt and do - but you'all know what's going on in my life)
She even recommended a book for me to read.
Overall, if she was a scammer I don't think she would have wasted all that time, but like Patrick, if anyting comes of anything I'll definately be reading the fine print!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 11:00:53 PM by Senshi » Logged

May the road rise up to meet you. May the wind always be at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face,and rains fall soft upon your fields. And until we meet again, may no spiders fall on your head.

blog: www.colegibsen.blogspot.com
justwrite

« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2007, 09:56:56 PM »

Oh! That's pretty cool.

Patrick
Administrator

« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2007, 05:10:55 PM »

Thanks, Lannie. 
pixiefriend

« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2007, 05:43:33 PM »

This agent is listed on P&E as an agent and her website says she works with the Andrea Hurst Lit. Agency on some projects, but she is not listed on AQ or Publishers Marketplace.  Her name is Arlene Cardoza, website is www.arlenecardoza.com.  She is accepting queries and represents YA and genre (sci-fi and fantasy).  That is all that I know about her.
Patrick
Administrator

« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2007, 08:52:49 PM »

pixie,
Here is what they say about her over on AW.  http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24838&highlight=Arlene+Cardoza%2C+Literary+Agent

Not a scammer as far as anyone knows, but there are some complaints.

pixiefriend

« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2007, 09:10:46 PM »

Thanks!  Will certainly take her off of my 'to query' list.   Smiley
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: