Author Topic: New Agents  (Read 184796 times)

Offline JeanneT

Re: New Agents
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2008, 03:32:02 PM »
It is very noticeable that she gives no credentials, no work with an experienced agent as an assistant, no clients, no sales...

All red flags for the clueless, I'm sorry to say.
Wings of Evil YA Fantasy Novel--Only 99 Cents
Freedom's Sword Scottish Historical Novel - $2.99
Writing and More

Offline KristenH

« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2008, 10:56:59 AM »
Hey Patrick. Do I get karma points? I've given you some good ones too, last month.

Offline KristenH

« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2008, 03:50:09 PM »
Patrick, I can give you new agencies that GLA have added, but it's not in my book or on my list. If so, let me know. I'll compile them for you next week, unless I can copy them to you from the website. Let me know.

Offline katekquinn

• Blog:
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2008, 11:48:05 AM »
Hello, I am a newbie and mostly a lurker... I am shy :emb:

However, I came across this agent's website one day while trolling the web and it looks legit and I noticed they were not in your database. 
http://www.ktliterary.com/main.html

I was thinking I would query them, simply because I have no control over my querying impulses. 

Offline Cole Gibsen

• April 28th, 2015
    • Cole Gibsen
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2008, 11:50:17 AM »
Welcome Kate!
May the road rise up to meet you. May the wind always be at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face,and rains fall soft upon your fields. And until we meet again, may no spiders fall on your head.

blog: www.colegibsen.blogspot.com

Offline Legionsynch

• This is Matthew Bomer. He's my happy thought.
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2008, 12:02:52 PM »

However, I came across this agent's website one day while trolling the web and it looks legit and I noticed they were not in your database. 

I was thinking I would query them, simply because I have no control over my querying impulses. 

Kate Schafer's on there.  If you added her before Patrick switched her info to KT Literary, then she'll still show up with her old agency.  I've got her on my query list, so I know she's on QT somewhere. :)
Witch Eyes:  Flux, Fall 2011

Offline Cole Gibsen

• April 28th, 2015
    • Cole Gibsen
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2008, 12:07:38 PM »
Nice find, though! I just added them to my query list and moved them to the top. Hey, anyone who professes their love of Joss Whedon is someone I want representing me!!!!
May the road rise up to meet you. May the wind always be at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face,and rains fall soft upon your fields. And until we meet again, may no spiders fall on your head.

Offline Patrick

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2008, 01:41:49 PM »
Kate,
Legion is right, you can view kt's listing at http://querytracker.net/agent.php?agent=879

good luck with them.

Offline KristenH

« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2008, 01:57:34 PM »
I know someone from another forum who's querying Kate Schaefer for KT. I'll be doing Kae Taenstra soon.

Offline katekquinn

• Blog:
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2008, 09:59:53 AM »
Thanks for the link - I added her to my list.  I searched and she did not show up for me - but I am sure that was a user-error on my end.

And Senshi - I agree w/ the Joss Whedon thing!

Offline Jessica V.

• Jessica Verday
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2008, 10:16:54 AM »

If I am remembering correctly here (forgive me -too lazy to go look it up) she is Maureen Johnson's agent.

ETA: Yes, she is MJ's agent. And agent to a whole slew of other authors too according to her stats on the main QT page. She might be coming up for some reason as 'new' because she just moved to Colorado, and I think, started her own agency. (Ahh, yes the laziness strikes again...)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 10:20:06 AM by Jessica V. »
"Spectacular! The Hollow keeps you reading from beginning to end without coming up for air." --L.J. Smith, bestselling author of THE VAMPIRE DIARIES and NIGHT WORLD

NYT bestselling author of THE HOLLOW trilogy -
www.JessicaVerday.com

Offline Cole Gibsen

• April 28th, 2015
    • Cole Gibsen
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2008, 11:22:35 AM »
So Kate, what's your favorite Joss Whedon project?

Personally, I love them all. From Buffy to Firefly, all the way down to the X-men comics he writes. BTW--I'm a nerd--if you haven't already figured that out from my avatar ;D

Offline audal

« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2008, 11:35:36 AM »
Firefly is possibly the greatest show that virtually no one has ever seen.

And Summer Glau rocks.

My two cents ;D
Quillkeepers' Tavern Management: Slingin' Cocktails & Wisecracks Since Mid-August.

Offline EJRuek

• E J Ruek, author, novelist
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2008, 11:44:12 AM »
I love Firefly, the series and the movie.  It's sad that Hollywood doesn't support excellence in SF any longer.  Personally, scifi.com can take a flying leap.  I'd like to see more quality and less bosoms and bottoms, women warriors on testosterone, and he-men blowing things to shards while the copulate with their choice of wenches.

Offline JeanneT

« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2008, 12:04:19 PM »
There are never enough women warriors. You're a lot more likely to find a woman being raped or used sexually and then disposed of like kleenex in most than a woman warrior in most fantasy and SF. That being said, I don't watch television so I'm talking about books.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 12:07:21 PM by JeanneT »
Wings of Evil YA Fantasy Novel--Only 99 Cents
Freedom's Sword Scottish Historical Novel - $2.99
Writing and More