Author Topic: New Agents  (Read 196269 times)

Offline Patrick

• Administrator
Re: New Agents
« Reply #75 on: May 11, 2008, 09:40:48 PM »
There you go Jeanne, Ann Behar and Rebecca Friedman are now listed.  Thanks.

Offline Sandy_Williams

• My Livejournal
« Reply #76 on: May 13, 2008, 04:18:10 PM »
Rachel Downes

This was posted on Caren Johnson's blog today:

Rachel Downes is a junior literary agent at the Caren Johnson Literary Agency. She has a BA from Manhattan College in international studies and minored in economics and philosophy. She graduated as a member of Sigma Iota Rho, the national honor society for international studies students.

Rachel began as an intern for CJLA. She assisted on the following projects: Once Again to Zelda by Marlene Wagman-Geller (Perigee, November 2008), Where Am I Wearing? by Kelsey Timmerman (Wiley, November 2008) , The Old Fashioned Guide to Modern Girl Life by Jordan Christy (Center Street/Grand Central Publishing, Summer 2009), You Are So Undead To Me by Stacey Jay (Razorbill, Spring 2009), The Ex-Games by Jennifer Echols (Simon Pulse, Fall 2009), Skin Deep by Annaliese Evans/Anna J. Evans (Summer 2009), and The Briar Rose Series by Annaliese Evans/Anna J. Evans (Tor Books, beginning February 2009). She is looking to represent commercial and literary fiction as well as nonfiction in the following subjects: narrative, history, pop culture, humor, science, women’s studies and social science.

Rachel is a voracious reader and writer. She wrote for an independently-run student philosophy journal at her school, Praxis. She works closely with Caren to develop and nurture CJLA authors.

Sandy Williams
Writer of Speculative Romance

Blog: www.sandy-williams.com
Twitter: www.twitter.com/brimfire

Offline Patrick

• Administrator
« Reply #77 on: May 13, 2008, 04:53:20 PM »
Thanks brimfire

Offline isinglass

« Reply #78 on: May 14, 2008, 08:52:25 PM »
Rachel Dowan asked for a partial. I sent it to her. After three months of no response, I sent her a polite reminder. Never got a response to my reminder, either.  Not very courteous or businesslike, IMO. She's off my list.

Offline MisterV

• Fingers a toes crossed
« Reply #79 on: May 15, 2008, 02:06:07 AM »
Rachel Dowan asked for a partial. I sent it to her. After three months of no response, I sent her a polite reminder. Never got a response to my reminder, either.  Not very courteous or businesslike, IMO. She's off my list.

Bummer :'( :rant:
laverday.blogspot.com

myspace.com/laverday

Offline Starwise

• Alexandra Glade, my heroine of THE CAIN LETTERS
    • The Official Web site of Novelist Pierre Roustan
« Reply #80 on: July 02, 2008, 08:28:10 AM »
Hey, Patrick, I think I've got an agent here not listed with QT. John Shuster? The Literary Group International. I checked them out on the Absolute Write forum, and they seem legitimate. The thing is John is an acquisitions editor, at least that's what his title is. So...I don't know.

Offline BillyShakeaspear

« Reply #81 on: August 18, 2008, 10:49:41 PM »

The Krista Goering Literary Agency, LLC
http://www.kristagoering.com

The Krista Goering Literary Agency LLC

3514 Clinton Parkway, Suite A404

Lawrence, Kansas 66047 USA

Tel: 785-841-0634

Fax: 785-841-8500

I queried her and got a speedy reject! At least it was speedy. ;D

Just a bit of info ... this agency is listed in P&E and also has a very informative website ... but for some reason Ms Goering is still working in the dark ages and will accept only snail mail ... drat it and darn!

Okay, I admit it ... mistake I made! That was then, this is now and dear Ms Goering does accept email queries.
My new question is, how come nobody else caught this error?

Offline Aiala

• Coming soon...
    • Random Ruminations
« Reply #82 on: March 19, 2009, 11:52:48 AM »
From today's Publishers Lunch: "Jenny Bent has left Trident Media Group to form The Bent Agency. (Her 15 years in publishing included a stint at Cader Books.)"

This agent mitosis is getting to be an everyday occurrence: http://thebentagency.com/

~A~
"Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate" ~ Dante Alighieri, Inferno
-------------------------------------------------
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/7286455-she-s-my-dad
http://www.authorsden.com/visit/viewpoetry_all.

Offline Patrick

• Administrator
« Reply #83 on: March 19, 2009, 12:44:09 PM »
Thanks Aiala.

Offline Aiala

• Coming soon...
    • Random Ruminations
« Reply #84 on: April 21, 2009, 03:04:39 PM »
From today's Publishers Lunch:

"Mark McVeigh, who had been an editor at Simon & Schuster Children's until last month, has opened his own literary agency, The McVeigh Agency. He is representing both children's and adult authors, illustrators, graphic novelists, and photographers."

No agency URL yet (that I can find, anyway.)

~A~

Offline Aiala

• Coming soon...
    • Random Ruminations
« Reply #85 on: April 21, 2009, 03:09:52 PM »
Additionally, I'd been wondering why I hadn't received a rejection yet from Rebecca Gradinger at her new agency, Finchley Road Literary. Well, here's why:

"Rebecca Gradinger, who recently left Janklow & Nesbit after six years to create Finchley Road Literary, is folding that agency into Fletcher & Company, where she is now working as an agent. She will also handle the company's magazine work and cover the Canadian market.

Gradinger joins a team that was bolstered last year by Grainne Fox, who had been with Ed Victor Ltd. for ten years, as agent and manager of UK co-representation business, and Swanna MacNair, agent and head of feature/tv development, who had been a senior development executive at Misher Films. MacNair is managing media rights and also developing projects based on clients' books and original ideas."

Musical chairs, anyone?   ;D

~A~

Offline gigilala

« Reply #86 on: May 17, 2009, 10:55:49 PM »
Rick Broadhead. He is listed as "Recommended" on Preditors and Editors. I can't find as address, but he accepts equeries at: rickb@rbaliterary.com

Offline Molly Z

• Unheard Melodies
« Reply #87 on: May 19, 2009, 07:35:53 AM »
Rick Broadhead. He is listed as "Recommended" on Preditors and Editors. I can't find as address, but he accepts equeries at: rickb@rbaliterary.com

Rick Broadhead has a AQ entry.  He lists fiction and non-fiction on his profile, but then -- based off of his website -- it looks like he's only interested in non-fiction.  Maybe the website is out-of-date.  Sometimes it's hard to tell. 

Here's another possible newbie off of Guide to Literary Agents:

Cool new alert to see. Will Entertainment is looking for children's book writers whose writing is good enough to brave both the literary and film worlds.  Awesome opportunity, but your work better be up to snuff to challenge both worlds!

Important note: Garrett Hicks is a literary and script manager, meaning he is similar to an agent but not exactly an agent, per say.

Will Entertainment

1228 Romulus Drive, Glendale CA 91205. Phone: (818)389-6895. Fax: (818)246-4520. E-mail: garrett@willentertainment.com. Web site: www.willentertainment.com. Contact: Garrett Hicks. Seeking new and established writers. Prior to becoming an agent, Mr. Hicks was a development executive for Disney Animation. Established: 2003. Represents 20 clients. 30% of clients are new/unpublished writers. Specializes in: children's book authors and illustrators, especially those crossing over from film, TV and animation. Currently Handles: 30% Juvenile Books, 30% Movie Scripts, 40% TV Scripts

Script categories/genres of interest: Action/Adventure, Cartoon/Animation, Comedy, Fantasy, Juvenile, Mainstream, Romantic Comedy, Teen. How to Contact: Query with SASE and synopsis. Accepts e-mail queries. No fax queries. Accepts simultaneous submissions. Responds in 2 weeks to queries. Responds in 2 weeks to manuscripts. Does not return submissions. Actively seeking: Juvenile, picture books and young adult.

Recent Sales: Sold 2 titles in the last year. Sold 5 scripts in the last year. Hot Sour Salty Sweet, by Sherri Smith (Delacorte); Flygirl, by Sherri Smith (Putnam); Patty Dolan is Dead, by Patrick O'Connor (FP Prods/Disney); Hopeville, TV pilot by Howard Nemetz (Fox). Terms: Agent receives 15% commission on domestic sales; 15% commission on foreign sales. Offers written contract. Termination notice: 60-day.

http://www.willentertainment.com/

-He's listed on LitMatch which is where I found him.  He asked for a full the same day I queried. 

Offline Molly Z

• Unheard Melodies
« Reply #88 on: May 19, 2009, 08:37:01 AM »
Another I just thought of:

Elizabeth Fisher with Levine Greenberg Literary Agency.  From AQ:

Elizabeth Fisher
AGENCY
Levine Greenberg Literary Agency
307 Seventh Ave, Suite 2407
New York, NY 10001
EMAIL
efisher@levinegreenberg.com
AGENCY WEB SITE
http://www.levinegreenberg.com/

FICTION GENRES
   Literary Fiction | Women's Fiction | Young Adult
NONFICTION GENRES
   Multi-Cultural | Memoirs | Travel | Narrative

CURRENT STATUS
This agent accepts queries

SPECIAL INTERESTS

* Memoirs, multicultural perspectives, young adult, narrative/creative nonfiction, travel writing and literary fiction are her favorites, though she’ll read anything that will transport her to another place, another time, or another life when she must stay put.

SUBMISSION GUIDELINES

* Email: query only

FACTS/TIDBITS

* She is the Rights & Contracts Manager for this agency
 * She is actively building her client list

Offline Molly Z

• Unheard Melodies
« Reply #89 on: May 26, 2009, 08:33:25 PM »
Fresh off that AQ widget thing on their front page for updates and agent news:

ELIZABETH SARVER is a new agent with the Elizabeth Kaplan Agency.  Here a link to her AQ page:

http://agentquery.com/agent.aspx?agentid=1088

NAME

Melissa Sarver
AGENCY
   The Elizabeth Kaplan Literary Agency
80 Fifth Avenue, Suite 1101
New York, NY 10011
AAR MEMBER
   No
EMAIL
   melissa@elizabethkaplanlit.com
AGENCY WEB SITE
   http://elizabethkaplanlit.com/

FICTION GENRES
   Literary Fiction | Chick Lit | Commercial Fiction | Women's Fiction | Family Saga | Historical Fiction | Young Adult | Children's | Multi-Cultural | Offbeat/Quirky | Middle Grade
NONFICTION GENRES
   History | Food & Lifestyle | Cookbooks | Memoirs | Travel | Adventure/True Story | Women's Issues | Pop Culture | Narrative | Health & Fitness | Cultural/Social Issues | Humor | Journalism
CURRENT STATUS
#    This agent accepts queries
MORE INFORMATION

SPECIAL INTERESTS

* For fiction, she is looking for literary, commercial, women's, historical, young adult, and middle grade
    * For nonfiction, she's most interested in narrative nonfiction, memoir, travel, and food writing

DOES NOT REPRESENT

* She does not represent poetry, romance, fantasy, science, biography, screenplays

SUBMISSION GUIDELINES

* Email/fiction: query with first 10 pages in the body of the email via query@elizabethkaplanlit.com
    * Email/nonfiction: query only via query@elizabethkaplanlit.com
    * Please do not send attachments