Author Topic: Looking for Betas/Crit group for YA  (Read 1711 times)

Offline emel00

• Erin Butler Books
Looking for Betas/Crit group for YA
« on: April 27, 2011, 12:30:45 PM »
Hello All!

I'm editing my YA novel right now--a paranormal thriller. I'm looking for someone/some people to take a look at the first 50 pages and give me some feedback. I've passed it around to family, who, of course, say they love it. Which is great, but I'm thinking, :crazy:Really? There's nothing wrong with it! Uh-uh. I don't think so. There's got to be something that can be improved!

Here's my logline: An only daughter, left with nothing but a journal and a town full of crazies to learn about her long-dead father, entangles herself into a centuries old witch curse.

And of course, I'll happily read your first 50 too and then if we're a good match, hopefully continue to swap pages. ;D
BLOOD HEX (YA Paranormal, Evernight Teen, March 2013)
HOW WE LIVED (NA Romance, Entangled Embrace, April 2014)
FINDING MR. DARCY: HIGH SCHOOL EDITION (YA Contemporary, Swoon Romance, September 2014
SPAWN (MG Magical Realism)--WIP

Offline eallen99

• The Bridgecrosser
    • My Webpage
Re: Looking for Betas/Crit group for YA
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 12:44:09 PM »
I'm game. My YA novel is a dystopian scifi tale. My logline is: In a future world where eating meat is the order of the day and being vegetarian is illegal, how can animals get through to humans and stop the suffering? At present, this story has been called a cross between Charlotte's Web and Invasion of the Body Snatchers.

If you're interested, pm me and send me our email address.

Liz

Offline Cheree

• My website
Re: Looking for Betas/Crit group for YA
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 03:30:27 PM »
I'll put my hand up if you still need. Mine's a YA Urban Fantasy. The Logline is: To control the creature threatening to take over her, 16-year-old Scar joins an underground fight club of witches, werewolves and vampires.