Author Topic: Two "Who Reps Who" Stumpers!  (Read 1860 times)

Offline tradergirl

• Marketing a book? Read BlurbIsAVerb.blogspot.com
    • Click Here for Tradergirl's Website
Two "Who Reps Who" Stumpers!
« on: March 16, 2008, 01:19:50 PM »
I googled and googled.  The reason I can't find the answer, amid a flurry of search engine hits, is that both authors write mysteries.  So all the google hits include-- you guessed it-- the word "agent" in terms of "special agent" or "secret agent."  Not literary agent.

So does anybody know who reps the following two? 

Twist Phelan
Richard Aleas

Thanks!
Author of the novel JULIA'S CHILD (Jan 2012 Plume/Penguin) and THE SKI HOUSE COOKBOOK (Clarkson Potter 2007)
Are you interested in book publicity? BlurbIsAVerb.blogspot.com

Offline LeahClifford

• Global Moderator
    • visit my website!
Re: Two "Who Reps Who" Stumpers!
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2008, 01:49:55 PM »
Got this off PM...  ???  Richard Aleas's (aka Charles Ardai)...is he a writer or a publisher?  he seems to be a publisher in the cases below...

Film rights          
Richard Aleas's (aka Charles Ardai) LITTLE GIRL LOST, the first Hard Case Crime book to be jointly developed for film by Papazian-Hirsch Entertainment ("Rome"), Hard Case and screenwriter James Polster

May 15, 2006

Film rights        
Richard Powell's recently reissued crime classic SAY IT WITH BULLETS, optioned to Caribou Films, with screenwriter Blaine Novak (Strangers Kiss, They All Laughed) attached, and Hard Case Crime founder Charles Ardai serving as executive producer, by Curtis Brown, on behalf of Powell's daughter Dorothy Powell Quigley.

June 2, 2005

Fiction:
Mystery/Crime        
Ken Bruen (author of THE GUARDS and THE MAGDALEN MARTYRS) and Jason Starr's (author of TOUGH LUCK and TWISTED CITY, among others) BUST, a black comedy set in NY, to Charles Ardai at Hard Case Crime, by Brian DeFiore at DeFiore and Company (NA).

April 28, 2005

Fiction:
Mystery/Crime        
Author of ANYONE'S MY NAME Seymour Shubin's new crime novel, WITNESS TO MYSELF, to Charles Ardai at Hard Case Crime, by Scott Miller at Trident Media Group (NA).

A Touch Mortal
A Touch Morbid
A Touch Menacing
Vial Things
Something Grave (coming out 9/7/21!)

Offline tradergirl

• Marketing a book? Read BlurbIsAVerb.blogspot.com
    • Click Here for Tradergirl's Website
Re: Two "Who Reps Who" Stumpers!
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2008, 03:58:26 PM »
Karma and thanks to you, gypsy.  I don't a have PMP subscription, and he is definitely a novelist.  The bottom part is the hit I was looking for, at Trident.  Thanks again!

T
Author of the novel JULIA'S CHILD (Jan 2012 Plume/Penguin) and THE SKI HOUSE COOKBOOK (Clarkson Potter 2007)
Are you interested in book publicity? BlurbIsAVerb.blogspot.com