Author Topic: So close to a full request!  (Read 1135 times)

Offline lovinlife83

• Writeaholic
So close to a full request!
« on: May 10, 2011, 10:44:35 PM »
I received an email from an agent about an hour after I sent her a query. She said she may be interested in requesting a full but wanted to know some more information about something in my novel first. So I emailed her back with the information and haven't heard a peep from her since. This was all last Friday. I figured since she responded to my query so quickly she'd respond quickly again.

Does her silence mean she's not interested? She does have a respond only if interested policy on queries, but I was hoping she'd let me know either way on this one.

I was also worried about the email I sent her going to spam since I didn't put query in the subject. Is that me just being paranoid or a possibility?  ???

I'm new to all this and going a little crazy wondering!  ;D

Offline augusto

• write under their noses
Re: So close to a full request!
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 12:58:23 AM »
Maybe she just had a tough Mothers' Day weekend. Really, no time has passed at all. Did you put 'requested material' (or something like that) in the subject? Give her some time, then re-send saying you're worried she never got it. Certainly sounds like there's some interest.  :up:
Will Tinkham's novels: THE CARY GRANT SANATORIUM AND PLAYHOUSE, THE GREAT AMERICAN SCRAPBOOK, THE ADVENTURES OF HANK FENN,
BONUS MAN, NO HAPPIER STATE and
ALICE AND HER GRAND BELL.

Offline rivergirl

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 01:48:18 AM »
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.  Since she's quick to answer e-mails, I'd follow up soon.

Offline mbwest

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 08:17:43 AM »
It could mean nothing. Perhaps she had a busy first part of the week. I know it is so hard to not worry, but try and keep querying. It's easier to not stress about individual requests when you have more than one out there. :) Good luck to you!
Blog: http://m-b-west.blogspot.com/
Twitter: @MB_West

Offline lovinlife83

• Writeaholic
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 11:38:01 AM »
Thanks guys! I did put Requested information in the subject line. I feel like since she got back to me so soon the first time that she would have gotten back to me by now if she was interested. But who knows. I can't imagine she'd go from interested to not interested just based on the little bit of information I sent her, but again, who knows. It really seems like she should get back with me either way though. I hate the only respond if interested thing.  :)