Author Topic: Chapter 1 swap anyone?  (Read 2682 times)

Offline Drachen

Chapter 1 swap anyone?
« on: May 18, 2011, 12:35:22 PM »
I've edited, betaed and edited again. I think it's ready for prime-time, but I'm not 100% sure. I need a fresh pair of eyes.

I would like anyone reading to come in cold, knowing nothing specific about the manuscript, so I won't give too many details, but it is YA fantasyish/action/adventure. If that's your thing and you'd like to do a chapter swap please PM me. I have quite a bit of experience betaing for other people. I'm not super strong in grammar, but my beta partners have really appreciated my plot/character/story comments in the past.

Offline bookstoregirl

Re: Chapter 1 swap anyone?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 11:25:08 PM »
I'd be willing to chapter swap with you. I'm not strong in grammar either though. :/  I've written my first chapter but I'm still in the process of writing my novel. So, I'm not as far along as you but I could always use help. :D

Offline Sarah Ahiers (Falen)

• This, too, shall pass
    • Sarah Ahiers
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2011, 08:41:36 AM »
how fast would you want it back? I'd be willing to read it for you if you'd like, depending on your TAT request (i'm betaing for quite a few others right now, but can make room for a single chapter). My current WIP isn't quite ready for non-CP eyes yet, and my other MS is performing pretty well in the query trenches, so i wouldn't need a read back from you
Repped by Mollie Glick of CAA
ASSASSIN'S HEART 2016 HarperTeen
I hang out at Sarah Ahiers Writes
Author Website

Offline nascentnovelist

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2011, 10:01:41 PM »
I'd swap with you if you want. My grammar is not excellent, but I consider myself somewhat of a word snob and I always carry Strunk's little book close to my heart.

Mine is a paranormal thriller. Would that be something you'd be interested in betaing?

TheNationsOfThread

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2011, 11:36:41 PM »
I'd be interested in swapping the first few chapters of mine for your full one. Mine is also a YA fantasy so there's that if you'd like.