Author Topic: A Greeting of Cordial Nature  (Read 2000 times)

Offline Riley Redgate

• fight the good fight
A Greeting of Cordial Nature
« on: July 02, 2011, 06:37:05 PM »
Good morrow, QT forum-dwellers! I'm a young adult writer hailing from North Carolina.

I'm currently querying a YA dystopian romance (because there aren't enough of those in the market or anything :P). I just sent out my first round a few days ago; I believe 'tenterhooks' is the right word for my current state of mind.

What else about me? Let's see... I run a blog at http://themightyjungle.blogspot.com, I tweet at http://twitter.com/RileyRedgate, and the adverb and I have a tempestuous relationship. My WIP is a goofy science-fantasy with liberal amounts of sarcasm and the perfunctory sprinkling of Serious Social Issues With Actual Weight. If Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson series and Garth Nix's Keys to the Kingdom series had a child, this story would be that child's weird cousin. (Kudos if you understand that comparison. I'm not quite sure I understand it, hahah.)

I've been around QT for a while, but I hadn't visited the forums before yesterday. I really look forward to meeting and connecting with everyone here! It looks like a fantastic community. =]

(Also, wow. These are some creative smilies! I particularly like this guy:  :ninja:)
Reports of my demise are greatly exaggerated.

-Mark Twain

Offline Tabris

• I rock!
Re: A Greeting of Cordial Nature
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2011, 06:40:06 PM »
Welcome!   :up: I just followed you  on Twitter.

Offline Riley Redgate

• fight the good fight
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2011, 06:42:52 PM »
So you did! Thank you!  :emb:

-Mark Twain

Offline Rain

• Rain-On Sentence
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2011, 06:46:48 PM »
Welcome, anticipa! 
You've come to the right place!  I'm now following your blog.  You might notice that we have a similar taste in templates:  rainlaaman.blogspot.com 
QT does have some pretty great smileys.   :naughty:

Offline Riley Redgate

• fight the good fight
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2011, 06:52:09 PM »
Hahahah, it's the best template on blogger. Represent! :up:

Also, yay! You were my 50th follower; thank you, the number '49' was really messing with my OCD.

Unfortunately, thanks to me, you now have 13... unlucky?  :sad:

-Mark Twain

Offline Zooks

• www.MaryVettel.com
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2011, 06:58:28 PM »
howdy, riley!  welcome and here's your first karma for joining us in the QT forum.  I checked out your blog and really enjoyed it.  I'm following you now.  (If you'd like to follow me, you'll find The Blogerage on my website: www.MaryVettel.com - lower righthand side of main page.)  Two of my books have non-white main characters, but I agree with you - I think most people will think a character is white unless specifically stated otherwise.  Looking forward to reading some of your stuff.   :koolaid:
NOOKS & GRANNIES - quirky paranormal
GATSBY DELANEY - 7TH GRADE IMPRESARIO - MG
THIS AIN'T NO COWBOY MOVIE -  YA
BROGWIN FRAYNEY AND HOW HE NEARLY SAVED A KINGDOM - MG
DEATH AT THE DRIVE-IN - Fiction - Published - available on Amazon
MOTORCYCLE BABIES - YA
A SCOUNDREL'S TALE - fiction