Author Topic: In a pickle  (Read 4478 times)

Offline Magic_Seeker

• My new muse
    • Mantua-Maker, Magic Seeker
Re: In a pickle
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2011, 07:11:17 PM »
:hug:  Hugs on the R.  But she wouldn't have spent so much time with you if she didn't think your MS wasn't good. (Eek!  Save us from the triple negative.  Too tired to rewrite it, though.)

Keep on querying -- it sounds like you just need to find the agent who clicks.  Maybe you should include a line like HG meet Xxx so they know you know there are some (probably superficial) similarities.

:emb:  I haven't read HG, either.  The violence doesn't appeal to me.  :no:
Happy writing,
  Deb Salisbury, the Magic Seeker
  http://blog.DebSalisbury.com
  My shops: http://www.etsy.com/shop/MantuaMakerPatterns
  and http://www.etsy.com/shop/MagicSeeker Dragons

Offline Zooks

• www.MaryVettel.com
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2011, 07:20:57 PM »
awww....sorry about the R, Alniah.  hang in there.
NOOKS & GRANNIES - quirky paranormal
GATSBY DELANEY - 7TH GRADE IMPRESARIO - MG
THIS AIN'T NO COWBOY MOVIE -  YA
BROGWIN FRAYNEY AND HOW HE NEARLY SAVED A KINGDOM - MG
DEATH AT THE DRIVE-IN - Fiction - Published - available on Amazon
MOTORCYCLE BABIES - YA
A SCOUNDREL'S TALE - fiction

Offline Duff

« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2011, 08:45:09 PM »
I had just been thinking of you and what you've gone through with this manuscript. I'm so sorry about the R. I know the feeling of it seeming like you're so close.

I'm going to say to you what I would say to myself if I could distance myself. ;) I really, really think this happened to get you in the position of finding the agent who's the right fit.

Rooting for you!

Offline wutheringheights

« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2011, 09:00:18 PM »
Oh no! The almost there rejections are the WORST! Hang in there. You're obviously extremely talented. (She even said so). She would not have spent so much time with you if she didn't see serious potential in your work. That alone tells me that sooner or later (I'm hoping for sooner), you're going to make it.

It looks like you have a great book, and just need to find an agent who agrees. I agree with everyone else - keep querying.

Besides, if you don't get an agent with this book (and I hope you do because it seems to be awesome) she would probably love to see your future work, and would instantly request any of your future full manuscripts.

Offline Alniah

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2011, 09:12:48 PM »
This is why I love QT!! Thank you so much! You made me feel so much better! Thank everyone of you. ;D
"If the doctor told me I had six minutes to live, I'd type a little faster." Isaac Asimov.

Offline alisonbeightol

• It was a dark and stormy night
    • adventures of the cautionary tale
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2011, 10:01:01 PM »
Hugs on your R. I agree that she wouldn't have spent so much time with you if she didn't see something there. I think you are very close as evidenced by the amount of time she spent on your ms. She didn't have to do that but obviously she saw quite a bit to love. You will get there I know it!! :up:
I haven't read HG either.  :shrug:
Life in Moonlight and Blood of New Beginnings available now on Kindle and Audible.
Death Hunter- November 2018
One Question Before I Go-December 2018

Offline Alniah

« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2011, 02:30:41 PM »
Thank you all for the encouragements! I am sinking my teeth deep into The End Worl, my newest WIP. Will see if that one's got better feedbck.
"If the doctor told me I had six minutes to live, I'd type a little faster." Isaac Asimov.

Offline LisaAnn

« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2011, 12:57:32 PM »
So sorry to hear about your R, but I agree with everyone that you definitely wouldn't have gotten this far if she didn't see real promise in your work.  Best of luck to you as you look for the next agent...  Perhaps her comments will lead to some revision that will nail you ANOTHER dream agent soon!