Suggesting Agents and Publishers
If an agent or publisher is not listed in QT's database, you can suggest they be added.
Use this form to suggest an agent.
To be considered for listing on QueryTracker, an agent must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Be a member of The Association of American Literary Agents.
- Have at least 2 sales reported on Publisher's Marketplace to qualifying publishers* within the previous six months.
- Be an employee at an agency that already meets the above criteria.
Items that disqualify an agency from being listed:
- A negative rating from Writers Beware or other industry watch group.
- Charging fees (directly or indirectly) to authors of any kind, other than a standard commission.
* Publishers who work with unrepresented authors do not qualify.
If a suggested agent is not cleared for listing, you can still add that agent as a private listing. These are additions to the QT database that only you can see and use. Learn more about private listings.
Use this form to suggest a publisher.
To be considered for listing on QueryTracker, a publisher must meet all the following criteria:
- Company must have been established for at least one year.
- Be in good standing with all business and publishing industry rating organizations.
- Have at least 2 books in print. (Books written by any staff of the publishing company do not qualify.)
- Can not be a self-publishing, vanity publishing or book packaging service.
If a suggested publisher is not cleared for listing, you can still add that publisher as a private listing. These are additions to the QT database that only you can see and use. Learn more about private listings.